Electric-Operated Drain Valves Open and close automatically, based upon timer settings.
Easy-to-adjust Electronic timers.
No more crawling under the compressor tank to manually open the tank drain - simply install the BCDV Electric Drain.
The drain can be adjusted to open and expel water from 1 to 60 minute intervals and the drain time (time the drain stays open draining water) can be adjusted from 1 to 30 seconds.
The 1/4" and the 1/2" BCDV Electric drain comes with a Y strainer which protects the drain by trapping any debris. The BCDV 1/2" Combi Unit has a built in strainer isolation valve.
Max working pressure is 250 psi.
- 1/4" NPT
- 1/2" NPT
- 1/2" NPT Combination Strainer Isolation Valve
The BCDV ENCLOSED TYPE drain may be operated by simply connecting the provided electrical power and adjusting the desired time cycle of 1 to 60 minutes and adjusting the open drain cycle of 1 ot 30 seconds.
NOTE: Operation of the drain should only take place when using compressed air. When the compressor is shut down the drain should also be disconnected. Failure to do so could lead to solenoid burnout or premature life failure.
Drain has been equipped with a manual override switch to check drain performance or excessive water accumulation. This is not to be used as a blow down for the compressed air system.
Switch indicator light will be on when the solenoid is in the open position during automatic or manual operation.
NOTE: Compact and lightweight, drain is easily supported by existing piping. It should be installed below condensate level. Best performance is obtained by installing as shown.
- Drains must be installed with the direction of flow (as indicated on the solenoid valve) to atmosphere. The solenoid piping should be pitched downhill.
- In case where normal installation of the drain is not possible it may be piped to a higher discharge point provided that: a. A trap test port is provided to check for plugging; b. The blow-down cycle is adjusted to account for increased volume.
- Care should be taken to ensure that pipe dope, pipe tape, scale or metal chips are trapped before the solenoid valve seat. We recommend the installation of the Ystrainer before the drain.
The drain will give you years of service if the drain is properly maintained on a regular basis. It is recommended that the maintainence be done monthly. Operating conditions will have to be taken into consideration and the schedule adjusted accordingly. Do not apply electrical power to the drain unless the unit is fully assembled. Failure to do so could result in personal injury or damage to the drains.
- Depressurize the pneumatic system.
- Disconnect the electrical supply to the drain
- Remove the drain and flush the solenoid inlet and outlet ports with a safe oil cutting detergent and water. Insure the water is kept away from all wiring and the drain box to prevent damage to the electrical components.
- Remove strainer plug-clean filter sump and reassemble.
- Replace the drain in the system and reconnect the power.
If drain is bleeding air it may be necessary to disassemble the drain solenoid completely while it is out of the system to clear the seat of the foreign material.
TOOLS NEEDED: Small slot screwdriver. Adjustable crescent wrench
- Be sure electrical power is disconnected.
- Remove cover of the drain assembly.
- Remove nut which retains solenoid to coil and remove solenoid valve. Observe the direction of flow indicator on the solenoid so that it can be reassembled in the same direction.
- Remove the stem assemble. Carefully unthread the stem assembly of the solenoid. Do not strike or twist the stem with any object. Doing so may damage the assembly.
- Inspect valve seat and remove any foreign material.
- Inspect plunger assembly and remove any foreign material. IF IT IS NECESSARY TO USE A SOLVENT, IT MAY BE USED ONLY ON METAL SURFACES.
- Reassemble the solenoid and valve reversing the above procedures. Be sure that the actuator cover is carefully aligned over the pin and the additional outer cast portion is positioned on the outlet side of the solenoid.
- Reinstall solenoid into the housing, be sure the inlet and outlet are positioned correctly for the flow.
Page Reference: 5704S ARROW PNEUMATICS ELECTRIC AIR COMPRESSOR DRAIN, 6Z948, Cycolac T-31445 Timed Electric Auto Drain Valve, JORC Industrial Drains, Condensate Management, Tank Drains.