GX Compressed Air Filter Specifications
GX SERIES Compressed Air Filters (10 - 1668 SCFM)
GX Series Filters employ DROP-IN CARTRIDGE STYLE (EFX) ELEMENTS. This style allows for easy element changes because of ZERO VERTICAL CLEARANCE required to remove the filter body. Deep pleating technology delivers superior filtration and very high dirt holding capacity. Engineered to remove airborne contamination from compressed air, the filters deliver energy efficient operation and reliable performance.
Maximum Operating Pressure: 290 psig (20.0 bar). Maximum Operating Inlet Temperature: 176F (80C). Differential Pressure for Element Change: 10 PSI
Alpha-Pure GX Series Compressed Air Filters are engineered to deliver filtered compressed air to meet specific requirements. With 4 primary efficiency options (P,X.Y,A), it is possible to meet the full range of ISO compressed air standards.
- GX filters offer four (4) ranges of efficiencies, removing contaminants as small 0.01 micron at up to 290 psi (20barg)
- Connection sizes range from 1/4" to 3" NPT pipe sizes.
- A protected auto float drain (2mm orifice) is standard for optimal and reliable removal of liquid contaminants.
- Body and Housing is zero-porosity aluminum with a durable epoxy powder-coat finish
- Corrosion-resistant internal coating protects the filters and provides for a long service life.
- Filter combinations are configured to meet specific application requirements.
- Filters comply with PED and perform as per related ISO 8573 standards.
- Filters with a -G suffix are equipped with differential pressure gauges for easy maintenance and energy efficiency.
P: Pre-Filter / Particulate Filter (Filter/Element air flow direction is out side to inside)
X: General Purpose Filter/ Water Removal (Filter/Element air flow direction is inside to outside)
Y: Coalescing Filter/ Oil Removal (Filter/Element air flow direction is inside to outside)
A: Activated Carbon Filter/ Odor Removal (Filter/Element air flow direction is outside to inside)
- Activated Carbon Filters: Grade A must not operate in oil saturated conditions. Grade A elements should be replaced periodically to suit the applications but must be changed at least every six months. Grade A will not removecertain gases incl ud in g carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.
- Flow rates are based on a 100 psi (7 bar) operating pressure. For flows at other pressures use correction factor table. For maximum flow rate at a given pressure, multiply filter model flow rate by the correction factor corresponding to the working pressure.
- All filters are suitable for use with mineral and synthetic oils.
- Gauge type differential pressure indicators are fitted to models with -G suffix.
- All filters are in conformity with the Pressure Equipment Directive (97/23/EC)
|Maximum Operating Pressure:||290 psig (20 bar)|
|Maximum Operating Inlet Temperature (P/X/Y)||176F (80C)|
|Maximum Operating Inlet Temperature (A)**||77F (25C)**|
|Differential Pressure for Element Change:||10 PSI|
|Internal Float Drain (1/8" Drain Outlet Hose):||MDV-400|
|1/2" Timer Drain Adaptor:||TDA-025|
|1/2" Brass Manual Drain:||MDA-025|
Pressure Correction Factors
Flow rates are based on a 100 psi (7 bar) operating pressure. For flows at other pressures use correction factor table. For maximum flow rate at a given pressure, multiply filter model flow rate by the correction factor corresponding to the working pressure.
|Operating Pressure (bar)||1||3||5||7||9||11||13||15||16||18||20|
|Operating Pressure (PSIG)||15||44||73||100||131||160||189||218||232||261||290|